2.22.2011

5 Months

Caitlin, let me start by saying thank you.  Thank you for helping me start each day with a smile.  Thank you for teaching me to slow down and find the joy in every moment.  Thank you for bringing so much happiness into our lives just by being you.  Ok, now that I’m a little teary eyed, let’s move into what you’ve been up to this month! 

On your 5-month birthday, you tried rice cereal for the first time.  Not a fan at first, you are quickly coming around…or you just want to chew on the spoon.  You continue to sleep so well and I love you even more for it!  Your nighttime sleep is between 12-13 hours and you take at least 2 naps a day, usually 1.5 to 2 hours long.  You love baths!  If your arms aren’t behind your head, as if you’re lounging in a pool, then you’re eagerly attempting to grab the water.  We’ll teach you about solids v. liquids in the future.

If there was any question as to if you found your feet, it’s not a question any more!  They constantly entertain you.  You are always grabbing at them after you wake up or on the changing table, and you can now get them into your mouth.  I really need to get a picture of it or you may not believe me when you’re older.  Everything goes into your mouth, especially those fingers.  I have a feeling you are getting ready for some teeth very soon.  You love to sit up.  We’ve been practicing and you can sit up unassisted for a short period of time.  Tummy time is not your favorite (never has been) but you’re getting better at holding your head up and lifting your chest off the ground with the help of your arms.  You haven’t rolled over yet but I know you will when you’re ready. 

You are definitely my daughter.  When you are done with an activity or don’t like how something is going, you let us know (insert  high pitched scream or melt down here).  You are enjoying our weekly classes at Gymboree and play dates during the week.  I didn’t think I would be saying this so soon, but please STOP growing up so fast.  I love you baby girl!

   

 

IMG_3016Our 5-month old

 

IMG_2968

IMG_3052

IMG_2975

 

IMG_2978Hi gorgeous!

 

IMG_2985

IMG_2989

IMG_2999

IMG_3002

IMG_3010This is one of my favorites!  Her legs look so long here!

 

IMG_3021

 

Caitlin discovering “Max” (the stuffed prop). 

She was so curious about him and instantly put him in her mouth for further identification.

IMG_3029

IMG_3033

IMG_3045

 

IMG_3056Silly girl!

 

IMG_3097

IMG_3103

IMG_3108

 

Happy 5-month birthday baby girl!

No comments: