1.21.2011

Santa Baby

We had an amazing Christmas this year and it was so special because it was Caitlin’s first.  I know she won’t remember the tree, the lights, the glitter and glam or the story behind the day, but one year she will.  I look forward to next year and each following year when Caitlin will anticipate the traditions and help Michael and I create new family traditions.  I think I did a good job overall of reigning myself in and not going overboard for our little girl…but it was tough!   

Mom, Dad, Jared, Alicia and the dogs all came over for lunch at our place.  My mom and I cooked while everyone else caught up and enjoyed a Maddux jalapeno cheese log.  After lunch, we took a few pictures and then settled in for the process of opening presents.  I’m not sure when it started, probably when Jared and I were little, but we each take turns opening up a gift, one-by-one, so everyone can watch, and we balance it out so that in the end, everyone has one gift left, usually the best one.  Caitlin passed out about half way through the gift opening but she got some great things.

My favorite gift this year didn’t come wrapped in a box or stuffed in a bag.  There was no wrapping paper to tear or a ribbon to untie.  It can’t be returned, nor did it come with a gift receipt.  My ultimate gift this year was the birth of my beautiful daughter and I thank God everyday for trusting me enough to be her mom. 

Below are a few pictures from the day…

 

IMG_2187The table is set and the candles lit…

 

IMG_2186Table setting

 

IMG_2200Everyone dig in!

 

IMG_2190Wow!

 

IMG_2222I’m so glad she let me put the hat on her.

 

IMG_2266Caitlin, Michael, Max & Tamra

 

IMG_2257“Is it time to open presents yet?”

 

IMG_2250Me and my Santa baby!  She looks so big in this picture!

 

IMG_2255Alicia, Sasha & Jared

 

IMG_2259Mom (Mimi), Sassy & Dad

 

IMG_2262Max and me

 

IMG_2271One lucky little girl

 

IMG_2289Sassy dressed for the occasion.  “Happy Howlidays”

 

IMG_2297Michael with one of his large gifts

 

Below is a series of pictures I took of Caitlin at night with the Christmas tree.  I sometimes like to think I know what she is thinking…

Don’t worry…the candy cane prop is plastic and we kept an eye on her the entire time.

IMG_2301“I’m not sure what to do with this left arm…”

 

IMG_2302“It doesn’t taste like a candy cane.  Wait…what is a candy cane?”

 

IMG_2307“I think I have something I’m not supposed to have and I’m getting away with it!  This is great!”

 

IMG_2321(I love those feet!)

 

IMG_2327“Hmmm…”

 

IMG_2355“What!?  It’s not real candy?”

 

IMG_2362“I’m done!”

 

IMG_2403

I added a few angel wing ornaments this year to represent Caitlin…my little angel.

 

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Oh my gosh!!! I LOVE the pictures of Caitlin!!!! She is so adorable!