9.29.2010

The Waiting Game…

Little Miss Caitlin has kept us waiting.  She was due on August 25th, but that day has passed, so I’m scheduled for an induction on August 31st. 

Michael and I checked into the hospital at 7:15 am.  After answering a few questions, the pitocin was started.  With the pitocin, I was having contractions, but I could not feel them.  My parents surprised me and showed up at the hospital around 9:30 am to keep Michael and I company. 

After being checked around 11:30 am, my doctor said I was still at 2 cm and she decided to break my water.  This is when the {REAL} contractions started and boy, could I feel them now!  My goal was to make it to 5 cm while in active labor with no drugs, but that did not happen.  After laboring for about an hour, I asked, begged, pleaded for an epidural.  My parents joined us back in the room after the epidural took effect (best decision ever!) and we all talked for the next couple of hours. 

The delivery nurse came in for another check around 2:25 pm.  I’ll never forget it…she says, “Are you ready to push?”.  I thought she was kidding, but I was at a 10!  The doctor had just entered surgery, so I pushed for about 30 minutes with Michael and the delivery nurse.  The doctor came in for the last 5 minutes and at 2:50 pm our new baby girl arrived!

 

IMG_0572

IMG_0577

IMG_0576

See the next post for pictures of Caitlin!

No comments: