6.28.2011

Hot Springs, Arkansas

To say that I’m behind on blogging is a {HUGE} understatement.  In an effort to catch up, I will stop sleeping at night.  That’s not really going to happen, but I’ll do my best to get caught up to the current month. 

In April, Michael and I took a weekend trip to Hot Springs, AR and stayed with four other couples from the our neighborhood.  (Lara, if you are reading this, I consider you a neighbor).  My parents watched Caitlin so Michael and I could go.  Thank you  Mom and Dad!  They were so understanding and didn’t mind me calling every two hours to check in on Caitlin.  Another big thank you goes out to Amanda, the trip organizer, planner and all things Hot Springs!  We had a great time and look forward to future road trips!

On the way there, we ran out of gas.  It was only 1 mile to the closest gas station.  Thank goodness for OnStar and Ace road side service!

IMG_4823

 

This was our fist time to Arkansas, so we had to stop at the visitors center for a picture with an official “Arkansas” sign.  I wanted to stop next to the road sign as you cross the state line, but it’s suspended over the freeway so it’s next to impossible.  I especially like how I’m still “representing” the state of Texas with my Texas A&M shirt on.

IMG_4832

IMG_4835

 

Michael and I found the house and settled in while we waited for the rest of the crew to come home from the golf course and the spa.  Here are a few pictures of the house we stayed in…

                 IMG_4943IMG_4945

IMG_4957

 

We all cleaned up and went on a a dinner cruise on Belle of Hot Springs river boat.  Michael and I had a great time looking at all the houses on the lake.  We got some good ideas for our future lake house.  The weather was perfect and the sunset was beautiful.

IMG_4851

IMG_4890

IMG_4900

IMG_1235

IMG_1268

 

From left to right: Trey & Kylie, Brooks & Katie, Justin & Lara, Amanda & Travis, Tamra & Michael

Group shot from above on boat

 

Beautiful sunset!

IMG_4911

 

After the cruise, we returned to the house and continued the party, which included s’mores…my favorite!!

IMG_2843_A

 

The next day, we started the morning with a breakfast fit for champions.  Michael and I headed to the spa for massages and some site seeing while the rest of the crew went to the horse races.  I had a hot stone massage (got a tiny burn on my back…ouch!) and Michael had a Swedish massage.  Afterwards, we parked on Bath House Row, checked out some shops and grabbed some ice cream.  We eventually made it over to a natural hot spring that you can visit and touch the heated water coming right out of the ground.  It’s a little shocking at first…very hot!  Then we visited Boyce Bath House.  It’s the only bath house on Bath House Row that is still open to the public.  My best interpretation of the bath houses is they were the “spas” of their times with more emphasis on health and working out.  We all met back at the house for a delicious dinner prepared by Justin (aka Grill Master) before heading home the next day. 

Breakfast

IMG_4978

IMG_5000

IMG_5005

IMG_5007

IMG_5009

IMG_5012

IMG_5014

IMG_5016

                             IMG_5022IMG_5023

IMG_5028

IMG_5026IMG_5032

IMG_5035

IMG_5040

IMG_5049

No comments: