12.10.2010

Please Pass the Pie…

This is the time of year when I really start to reflect on how blessed I am.  I love Thanksgiving and this year was particularly special because it was our first as a family.  I don’t say it enough, so I want to take this opportunity to express how thankful I am for my loving husband, my beautiful daughter, my exceptional family and my incredible friends.

This year, we started the festivities off at the Maddux Thanksgiving lunch in Fort Worth.  It wasn’t the same without my dad (he was in the hospital following knee surgery), but I know he was where he needed to be.  We stuffed ourselves silly (Caitlin too on milk), jumped in the car and headed down to Houston.

Once we arrived in Houston, two of Michael’s sisters (and their families) all joined together for Thanksgiving dinner.  We missed having Emily there, but she works on a cruise ship and couldn’t make it.  There is never a boring moment when we visit Michael’s family and this year was no exception.  This was the first time all four grandchildren were together.  I can’t wait until they are all a little older and can really play together. 

We spent a few days in Houston and then headed back home.  Caitlin was such a trooper in the car and she was a perfect angel during our stay…until it was time to leave…

 

IMG_0825Our little one fell asleep at the Maddux Thanksgiving lunch…just before we hit the road to Houston.

IMG_0827Present from Gigi and Gumpy (Michael’s parents)

The sign says “Who needs Santa?  I’ve got Grandma and Grandpa!”

 

IMG_0829Another gift from Gigi and Gumpy.  It’s a doll that looks just like Gumpy!

 

IMG_0830Real-life Gumpy and large doll Gumpy!

 

IMG_1349There was a Thanksgiving play

 

IMG_0843The four grandkids…Zoey, Lexi, Caitlin & Anthony (clockwise)

 

IMG_1395The Orlowski Family

 

IMG_1398The Parker Family

 

IMG_1400The Martinez Family

 

IMG_1402The guys with the kids…

 

IMG_1409Gigi and Gumpy with all 4 grandkids!

 

IMG_0855Some mommy time

 

IMG_0854I can’t get enough!

 

IMG_0866Our Lil’ Turkey

 

IMG_0870Michael and his mini-me

 

IMG_1419Those cheeks!

 

IMG_0871Hmmm…I wonder where Caitlin got that from…

 

IMG_0875I just thought this one was sweet…excuse my lack of make up.

 

IMG_1536I found this great onesie…perfect for family gatherings.

 

IMG_1535Close-up of the onesie

 

IMG_1541Michael was put to work.  His dad is going to start a garden, so Michael created the garden plots .

 

We attempted to get a picture of all the grandkids in their Christmas outfits because we won’t be in Houston for Christmas this year.  It went a little something like this…

IMG_1546

IMG_1547

IMG_1548

IMG_1549

 

IMG_1550These two know what to do!

 

IMG_1553Sweet cousins

 

IMG_1564Had to get a close-up of the onesie…”elf sized”

 

So…we added the moms in the picture hoping this would help.

IMG_1568

IMG_1572

 

Ok…what if we pick them up…would that work?

IMG_1591

IMG_1596…and sneak in the other two…

 

IMG_0878Caitlin and Gumpy

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

No comments: