3.03.2009

To Breck and Back!

Michael and I recently (ok, it's been a month) returned from a trip to Breckenridge, Colorado with my family (Mom, Dad, Jared and his friend Alicia). This was Michael's first time to snow ski and we calculated I hadn't been in about 10 years. My family and I used to take an annual snow skiiing trip, but once Jared and I were both in college, our spring breaks weren't during the same time. Not only was I excited to have this experience with my family again, but to experience this with Michael too.


We usually stay in a condo, but this year, with six adults, we found a great house to rent. The location was great...only down fall was a small uphill walk after a full day of skiing once we got off the bus. My parents were amazing and cooked a meal for us every night we ate in. We also took advantage of the Breckenridge downtown area and experienced some local cuisine too.


Day 1 and 2 was full of skiing. Michael took a class the on day 1 and met up with the rest of us on day 2. It snowed off and on during the first two days on the slopes. Day 3 was our snow mobiling day and it was a white out! Visibilty was incredibly low and I actually fell over and the snowmobile pinned me to the ground. It took Michael and my Dad to get me out of that situation (thanks guys!). Day 4 was girl's day at the spa for massages and those achy muscles and then Michael met up with us to do some shopping. My brother and father actually hit the slopes on day 4 while the rest of us took it easy and I'm so glad we did. It snowed HARD all day on the mountain. Day 5, we were back on the slopes and it was a gorgeous day! We all had a great time and there were no major injuries, so all in all, the trip was a success. Michael even took me by one of my favorite scrapbooking stores before we headed to the airport!

2 comments:

Sara said...

This looks like an awesome trip. We went through Breck last summer and I love the downtown area

parkerfamily said...

Grammy & Aunt JJ are in Austin this weekend. We checked out the blog. Mom wants to know if you two are going to make it to Austin for Easter. We need to know so we can start planning all the fun activities and Lexi needs to make space in her room for your bed.