10.12.2010

1 Month

Caitlin had her 1-month well appointment last week.  I can’t believe how much she has changed in only a month!  She is doing much better when it’s time to eat due to the reflux medicine she’s been on for the last few weeks.  The doctor would like us to continue the medicine until 2 months and then we will see if it is still necessary.  Caitlin is starting to smile and it brings me so much happiness.  Everything is worth it for that toothless grin!  She also recognizes her mommy and daddy and our voices.  I think she has discovered her tongue!  We play a little game where I stick out my tongue and then she sticks out her tongue and then I tell her how smart she is!

Caitlin did great at her doctor’s appointment…until it was time for her shot.  The nurse came in and stuck her in the leg and she didn’t react .  I thought…this is great…she was distracted by the pacifier and we are golden.  Wrong.  After a few seconds, she opened her mouth as wide as she could, became completely red in the face and no sound came out at all.  I figured the screams were so high pitched that only dogs could her them.  A few seconds later…the most awful screams came out of her…screams I had never heard her make before.  Thank goodness the nurse left before this because I scooped her off the exam table, rocked her in my arms and cried with her!

1-Month Stats:

Weight: 8 pounds, 12 ounces (40-50%)

Height: 21 inches (50-60%)

Head: 14.5 inches (50-60%)

 

Since Maximus (the dog) couldn’t really be in the picture , we had a stand in.  The stuffed dog’s name is actually Max…printed on his paw!  I figured it would be a good idea to have something fixed in size in the monthly pictures so it is easy see how much Caitlin is growing. 

 

IMG_09291 Month

IMG_0926  …and a close-up

Happy 1 month birthday baby girl!

No comments: