11.19.2010

A Spooktacular Halloween

We had a great Halloween this year.  It was Caitlin’s first, but I decided not to dress her up since she was so young and didn’t really understand what was going on.  Instead, she rocked a few Halloween onesies during the month of October.  I made the black one with the rhinestone pumpkin on the front.  I can’t wait to dress her up next year! 

Our neighbors had a Halloween party on Saturday.  Everyone brought food for the taco bar or a dessert.  There was a bounce house, coloring, backyard races and a piñata for the kids.  Thank you to the Hahn’s for their hospitality.  All of the kids (and some of the adults) looked great in their Halloween costumes!

On Sunday (actual Halloween), Michael, Max and Caitlin relaxed inside and watched some football while I sat outside to greet the trick-or-treaters and pass out candy.  I didn’t want the doorbell waking Caitlin up.  Correction:  I didn’t want the doorbell to set Max off into a barking rage which would wake Caitlin up, so I set up “shop” in the front yard.  Our neighborhood had a great turn out and I almost got rid of all the candy (except for the pieces Michael and I set aside for ourselves!).  We are awful…I know!

Happy Halloween to you and your family! 

IMG_1161The family

 

IMG_1155One of me and Caitlin

 

IMG_1165I made s’mores brownies…so delicious!

 

IMG_1168“Boo-tiful” Caitlin

 

IMG_1174The kids at the starting line for the race

 

IMG_1187Spider piñata full of candy!

 

IMG_1188In Daddy’s arms…one of her favorite places

 

IMG_1191Mommy & Caitlin waiting for the trick-or-treaters

 

IMG_1194Caitlin thinking about her costume for next year

 

IMG_1201

Full shot of the Halloween outfit.  Love the leg warmers!

No comments: